SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Life should come with a warning label: “Subject to Change!” We may never know what tomorrow brings, but one thing is certain, nothing remains the same except for God who the word states in James 1:17 every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
We never have to wonder with God. God doesn’t change. He doesn’t love us one minute and stops loving us another minute. Don’t get me wrong he may not love our sin and disobedience but you must know that he loves you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
The choice however, is yours. The bible tells us to choose this day who you will serve. Joshua 24:15. We must settle some things in our hearts. When I say “settle” I mean once and for all choose what you believe. Stop being double minded tossed to and fro. You must settle some truths in your heart so that no matter what happens you will not be moved. Life is subject to change! We never know what tomorrow will bring. Many spend their time in dread and fear of tomorrow. So many people try to prepare for tomorrow but believe me when changes come, no one is fully prepared.
Honestly, I hope when you got saved you did not have a preconceived idea that everything would be peaches and cream. It’s not. Life happens to everyone. The bible says that as surely as sparks fly up, man will have trouble. You can bet on it! So many fall away at the first trial, some grow bitter with God, some conclude that life was better without God. They had not settled things in their heart.
Here are some things that I settled in my heart and that have kept me through many trials and tribulations. These things are a wall of protection to me. They are a hiding place and the rock on which God placed my feet on, of which I will not be greatly moved.
- GOD LOVES ME
- GOD REALLY, REALLY, LOVES ME
- GOD IS GOOD
- GOD HAS MY BEST INTEREST AT HEART
- GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE ME OR FORSAKE ME
- GOD WILL PERFECT ALL THE THINGS THAT CONCERN ME
- GOD’S PLANS AND PURPOSES ARE FOR GOOD AND NOT EVIL BECAUSE I HAVE A FUTURE IN HIM
- GOD IS WITH ME IN EVERY STORM-HE MAY NOT CALM THE STORM BUT HE WILL CALM ME
- GOD HAS ME IN HIS HAND AND HE WILL LET NO HARM COME TO ME
- GOD PROVIDES ALL I NEED BECAUSE HE IS MY SHEPHERD AND I SHALL NOT WANT
- GOD ORDERS MY STEPS AND IF NOT BY THE STILL WATERS HE WILL STILL BRING ME THROUGH
- GOD PROMISES ME THAT I AM ONLY PASSING THROUGH THIS WORLD AND THIS LIFE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT HE HAS PREPARED FOR ME
I find that when change or difficulties present themselves they come to unsettle these truths in me. However, just as God’s word is settled in heaven we can settle these things in our heart. They are an anchor to my soul. Does it mean that changes, trials and difficulties won’t try to shake you up? No! It only means that when things happen you have a firm foundation to stand on and a platform to fight from. I challenge you to take some time and once and for all settle some things in your heart. Especially that God loves you!